St. Dominic (1170 — 1221) is one of the most influential Saints in the Catholic Church. Founder of the Order of Preachers (also known as the Dominican Order, or just “Dominicans”), he is also credited with receiving the Rosary from the Blessed Virgin Mary, and for developing the Nine Ways of Prayer. A popular Patron Saint, he is venerated by many individuals, families, parishes, missions, and religious orders that carry on his teaching legacy to this day. He is the patron saint of astronomers and astronomy, the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo Pueblo, Valletta, Birgu (Malta), Campana, Calabria, and Managua.
This prayer journal includes:
- a biography of St. Dominic from the Catholic Encyclopedia
- a novena with traditional hymn
- prayers of intercession
- instructions on how to say the Rosary
- a description of his Nine Ways of Prayer
- quotes by St. Dominic
- beautiful classical artwork
It also has 73 lined pages for you to record your own prayer intentions.